Pages

Monday, August 22, 2011

Waqar Younis announced his resignation, says Misbah


LAHORE: Waqar Younis for playing a key role in helping the Pakistan cricket team deal with complicated times, captain Misbah-ul Haq said the outgoing cricket coach would be missed roughly by the side. 

"Waqar has done a good job with the team and played an crucial role in this transitional and difficult period for Pakistan cricket. Obviously team will feel his deficiency and there will be a void in the side," Misbah told the media on Monday. 



"He has played a well role in reduction the new players into the team. Whoever replaces him will have a good model to work with. 

Waqar shocked the Pakistan cricket community on Saturday by announcing his resignation because of personal reasons and on health reason. 

The former Test captain, who has coached the team since last year, said he would not be offered after the Zimbabwe tour. 

"Pakistan Cricket Board considers it suitable to rebut reports in certain media suggesting that resignation of Waqar Younis is due to some differences with PCB officials or selection committee," the release said. 

"Working with Pakistan team is a respect and I enjoyed being part of it. I have my personal reasons to resign and all the stories about my differences with anybody are absolutely incorrect. 

Waqar said, "When you work as a team there can be a various opinion but that happens anywhere. I want to say again again that my resignation is purely on his personal reasons and all other suggestions are totally unfounded. I really thank PCB for their support and understanding. I will be available again to serve Pakistan team as soon as I settle my personal troubles.

No comments:

Post a Comment